SERVICE ABOVE SELF
The Rotarian’s 4-Way Test of the things we think, say, or do:
- Is it the Truth?
- Is it Fair to all concerned?
- Will it build Goodwill and better Friendships?
- Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
The Object of Rotary
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the idea of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- High ethical standards in business and profession; the recognition of worthiness of all useful occupation; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.